Share This

The construction of this house, three stories high and in brick, probably reflects the rising fortunes of the Dodges, especially in comparison with their recently built house next door. The Art Club, founded in 1880, acquired this for club rooms and gallery space in 1886, and the interior was reworked to the specifications of club members architect Edward J. Nickerson and painter Sydney Burleigh; it survives much as they left it, a fine bit of Arts and Crafts. Structural problems necessitated a thorough rehabilitation in 1981 by Irving B. Haynes & Associates. The gallery is publicly accessible.

© 2019 Providence Property Database. All rights reserved.