Share This

C.G & J.R Hall designed the original granite Greek Revival building here, a portion of which survives as the window, balustrade, and cornice at the northernmost end of the façade. Between 1896 and 1898, Stone, Carpenter & Willson vastly expanded the building to create a gilded interpretation of the late nineteenth-century classicists’ favorite prototype, the Pantheon in Rome. The institution that both built and remodeled the building closed its doors in the financially troubled early 1990s, and the building’s fate remains uncertain today.

Update: As of January, 2019, the building has been restored and is serving as a single-family home.

© 2019 Providence Property Database. All rights reserved.